Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter Teaser




On vacation at my mom's recently I got obsessed with the idea of Easter. Nests specifically. We scoured the north country for nest making material and experimented with sticks and leaves and feathers and dirty, messy organic things from the ground and finally stumbled on some wood wool from Dollarama. It's a bit pale and we attempted to dye it in some tea but to little effect. I came to love the fair nests and as I am experimenting with my new Canon G9 and taking lots of macros. The colour and texture have turned into perfect. My family (all 29 of them) are going to descend on me this weekend. I'm going to show off my sewing room, take lots of photos, hide Easter Eggs and eat ham. We're going to make nests and eggs together. It's going to be great. I owe a great deal of my Easter enthusiasm to my friend Ginger who brightens at the mere mention of an occasion. She exposed me slowly to the art of Ukrainian Easter Egg decorating and this year I finally felt brave enough to deviate from the safety of my polka dot palette only to be met with obstacle of the great decorating supply store being shut down. Undaunted, I invested in nest making instead and the subtle tinting of quail eggs. Ginger will grace us with her list on Saturday. Our Easter weekend list of loves belongs to her.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now with all of my experience with the Ukrainian method of egg painting, I now feel brave enough to try polka dot. Sometimes the simplest things take the greatest degree of perfection-so happy to be part of your Easter experience.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin