Thursday, April 30, 2009

Adele at Massey Hall: Cold Shoulder

It should have been easy to identify  anyone who went to the Adele concert at Massey Hall last night.  They were all wearing thick black eyeliner , big bouffant ponytails and they were singing or humming Chasing Pavements, Best for Last or Make You Feel My Love. They were eating whatever they wanted. They were imagining a summer filled with nautical stripes and navy leggings and they were contemplating nude, matte lips in a multiple season succession of gloss. They were in love. I am the living example of all of the above and if you explore Adele a little, you're going to join the crush or the movement or the feeling. But the bottom line is: you are going to come. I'd like to thank the ticket broker that gauged me with such reckless abandon that the original ticket price was printed on my tickets. I'm not even mad. How could I be? I sat in the front row and when people asked me if my seats were good, all I could say was "kinda". I suppose I could have been over to the right by two seats. Above is my flip video of her opening song. I was told to stop recording after this song. I feel naughty even posting it. Enjoy.

2 comments:

COCAMIA said...

I adore Adele! Beautiful, talented, an angel! That voice and her words!

lit girl said...

love this post Liza !! thanks for the recording for those of us who could not be there - was talking to some people in the Hillside line up on Saturday am and they were in the second row and raved about it ! Loved your words /writing about her !!!! Better than ANY post concert review .... I love reading your stuff !!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin