Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tuesday Look: Stylish Dress Book Creation

Few people have inspired my sewing this last year as much as the delightful Karyn Valino of the workroom. Her blog is all about "making, learning, teaching and sharing a crafty life". So when Karyn posted this entry about a dress she had recently made I was in a frenzy to find the book, order, receive, tear open and begin immediately sewing. I've had a few sewing failures this year so when the books arrived without a stitch of English instruction to be had, I was a little crestfallen and worried about what was ahead. I decided to head to the workroom to buy the fabric that would catapult the project forward and the lovely wares did not disappoint. I left with the exquisite floral that became the stylish dress book "O" frock that you see above. When I came home today Tuesday Look-less I decided it was time to show you this small sewing success. The dress came together quickly and feels nice on. I just love the sleeves. I hope you like it. I sure smile when I wear it.

And if you haven't been to the workroom or the blog, you should go. I think you'll like it there.

5 comments:

lit girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lit girl said...

had to delete my last comment as it had a type O. Love the Dress and you look amazing in it ! Wish I could pull off that look....footwear and all ... love it! You are crazy talented girl.

karyn said...

oh yes, this is divine. what a fantastically bold print to go with that dress. and those sleeves are what top it all off. the Sartorialist is in town today (wed) and you are a prime suspect with that number!

ramona said...

Fabulous job Li! Really makes me want to attempt a sewing project...

Amiya said...

Really stylish dress!! I like to wear stylish dresses and have nice collection of them...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin