Sunday, July 26, 2009

Showers and Showers

Warning: Gloomy weather. Gloomy post.

This is Stella McCartney's cloud print dress available from Bergdorf's for a mere $2200.00. Isn't it lovely? I'm going to a shower for my sweet, lovely cousin Stephanie today (yes, she and her sister did choose to get married in the same summer). I wish I was wearing this dress, I've been feeling rather cloudy this weekend. We stayed home from the cottage to make a beautiful room for Wyatt and Graydie but the blues and obstacles unforeseen seem to have severely hampered any progress. Sigh. That and the 25 mm of rain that fell yesterday brought a rainy day feeling to the house.

A blog reader sent me a message recently telling me that she liked reading about my "well planned life of gratitude". Where do I start countering this claim today? First I need to tell you that my life is a well planned as the contents of my purse is organized (enough said) and I'm trying to muster the gratitude but the following is getting in my way:

1. My G9 got sand in it a couple of weeks ago and when i tried to find my Tuesday look I discovered that it was broken. So then I decided that I was a camera repair gal and started taking it apart which embarrassed the not husband when he took it to the repair shop because "any person with respect for a camera would never just start taking it apart". He's right.

2. My tummy is off.

3. I am having technical difficulties with my gmail and lost some critical "10 list" files so another weekend passed without the great list of Melissa.

4. I wrecked a chair. (don't ask)

5. The Globe crossword is super hard and I have maybe 12 boxes filled in.

6. I had a 2 day dispute with the not husband about a 15 year old mattress and its future.

The weather forecast for today is cloudy with a certainty of showers (both bridal and otherwise). I promise to make my next post a little sunnier. The weather and the gratitude has got to turn soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just look at that beautiful picture from Tuesday and that should cheer you up! Let's hope August is brighter for all of us!!
Jane

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin