Friday, July 31, 2009

Vacation Diary: Day 1

It's here. It is absolutely, positively here and what am I doing? Grinning mostly and: doing laundry and packing, tying up loose ends, talking on the phone, lip syncing the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and trying to think relaxing, decompressing thoughts while watching the squirrels chase each other in the freshly cut grass out of
this window while I am writing to you about
my son's room and how sweet it might be
and thinking of the packing and the music buying, the planning, the groceries and the squealing children who are at the Museum now but will soon come home and say "Mommy is it here?" and I'm going to tell them that it sure is. And great as that moment will be it will not even begin to compare to the joy in every day ahead for the next many days. in a row.

Maybe I'll see you back here. Maybe you're on vacation. Whatever you're doing, I hope you're happy about it.

1 comment:

COCAMIA said...

Check out a cup of jo.....they have a lemon themed wedding that i think you would love.......happy vacation!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin