Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Pretend with me that it's Tuesday



Try as I might, Tuesday Look did not happen in Calgary. I did see one terrific looking tourist at 7:00 a.m in our hotel. She was a sort of Korean Dolly Parton but she ran too quickly to her tour bus for me to try to explain why I wanted to take her picture. 

I arrived home to my life late last night to a house full of children and adult sleeping in random bedding, ill matching and ill fitting. Evidence of the continued fallout from the bed wetting pandemic that appears to have no cure. Still,  I felt somehow grateful for the debris and the not-husband who has been keeping the home fires burning these past few days.

I returned to my job today with my camera not yet unpacked from my purse feeling bleary eyed and ready to catch up with the already in progress celebrations and sales meetings which had been taking place back here at headquarters. These yearly meetings are a gathering of  style and beauty. I was bugged that I still hadn't delivered a Tuesday Look but was confident that I was in the right place.   

As the day was coming to a close, I scanned the room for a likely subject. There was no shortage of choices. It became about who I thought would accept the explanation for why I was dragging them outside in the maybe rain seconds before their shuttle was retrieving them to head to the airport and back to the town from which they came. Leah was the perfect choice. She hails from Vancouver and is a longtime leader in our Retail and Academy interests in the West. 

Always well put together with a tremendous smile and the sense of adventure which led her to trust me and ask few questions when I asked her to be Tuesday's look. She followed me to the front of our office building and snap. Recently back from a trip to New York, she is sporting skinny Helmut Lang pants, Forever 21 tee, TopShop earrings and Giuseppe Zanotti stilettos. Her West coast vitality still looking fresh at 4:00 p.m. eastern standard time.

Leah's probably safe and sound in the West by now and I'm safely back in the East. I enjoyed a quick meal with Steve and my daughter at Café la Gaffe and an Elementary school rendition of Snow White followed by a tournament of Battling Tops, 4 sets of teeth brushing and bedtime. Sure is good to be home. Don't you just love Tuesdays?

3 comments:

me said...

Hope your eveing at the Theatre with your daughter was entertaining.

ramona said...

I would happily pretend it was Tuesday with you...however, that would only make my week even longer! Leah was the perfect choice...what a beautiful way to end an intense 4 days...

lit girl said...

miss the goat cheese and walnut salad that I loved at Cafe' La Gaffe !!! I love the peep hole into the world of fashion ..... thanks for your Tuesday look - please don't stop !

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin