Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Road to Recovery

Saturday is list day and I've got a fantastic list waiting in the wings. (stay tuned) But we all agree, that with Steve down with the plague, we should all be focused on his recovery. Here is a re-run of Steve's Dandy list. I wish that he were able to do all of his favourite things today in the sunshine. Here's a reminder of what Steve loves and why we love him so. Get well Steve!

1.This is my CCM bike. I try to use my bicycle as much as I can. I have a rule of thumb that if it's less than 2 miles, I can't use my car. I use http://www.2milechallenge.com/map.php?address=338%20rusholme%20road to make the call.

2.This is a World War 2 propaganda poster. I admired it for a long time before breaking down and buying a framed version in Kensington Market. It hangs in my living room. Keep Calm and Carry On.

3. I'm having a thing for bow ties right now. The city doesn't have any bow ties. Liza said she would make me some. She's not going to.

4. Swan Restaurant is owned by my friend Damian and my friend Tom works there. I like going places where everybody knows your name. Swan is my Cheers.

5. I love a bargain. Who doesn't love a bargain? The bargain was introduced to me at a very young age by Bob and Veronica Kitt when they would drag me to Midnight Madness at Eaton’s in Winnipeg to save $3. Love bargains as I may, I draw the line at coupons.

6. The Common sees a lot of me on the weekends. They make the best Americano in town.

7. Nicholas Hoare bookstore http://www.nicholashoare.com/ makes me feel like I'm in a bookstore on Charing Cross Road. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/84_Charing_Cross_Road

8.I love mid-twentieth century modern furniture. When I opened my own business I gave myself this Eame's Chair. It was a gift to me from the store. It is the chair of all successful entrepreneurs.

9. Hats are an excellent way of stylishly disguising imperfections of the head and hair and an effective sunscreen.

Happy Steve Day everyone. This is his kind of day!

5 comments:

ramona said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
me said...

This Steve guy seems right on

Greg said...

I feel your pain. Get well soon, Stephen!

Dusty said...

Exactly.
Here's to a speedy recovery Steve...we're all waiting to see your snappy new spring togs once you're back on your feet!

COCAMIA said...

Love Stephen!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin