Saturday, May 16, 2009

Farrah Fawcett and the Weekends



I watched the Farrah Story last night. While that might sound a little cheesy. It wasn't. I am quite uninformed about the debate and the scandal surrounding this documentary but as a viewer I was simply happy to look square into the face of something that reminded me to be grateful. Farrah's Story did that. Not to mention that I asked by name for her hair style in my youth and I enjoyed Farrah in her Angel days as much as anyone. Having said that, I would like to tell you how grateful I am that the people of my world are healthy and well.  I am also thrilled to have a long weekend in my clutches.  And while I'm at it, thank you for stopping by and leaving comments to tell me that you've come. It makes my day. 

Now about those weekends:
We're making them a little longer in July and August at the company where I work. Many organizations are seeking alternate ways to save money in these times of economic uncertainty. The reality is that it may be possible to achieve similar productivity standards by having unpaid half days on Fridays (stop working at 1 -with the option of enjoying the morning off voluntarily).   The global recession has had a multitude of consequences but with all of it's doom and difficulty, I am not sorry that my kids are going to see more of me or that I am going to add to my list of sewing projects. Of the things this global crisis is prescribing, innovation is the very least of it's downsides. I challenge you all to  a summer of frugalness, creativity and gratitude. I'll need to think more carefully about my purchases and I'll relish the delight in my children's voices when I tell them that today they are not going to daycare. Thank you Farrah for candidly sharing your hardship. I'm feeling pretty thankful today. I appreciate it.

3 comments:

me said...

yaaaaaaaaaaa!

COCAMIA said...

I love how positive you are about the longer weekends especially the part where you don't get paid for the half day...love your perspective!

ramona said...

I still ask for the "farrah fawcett" hair cut/style!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin