Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Tuesday Look: Sora


I had a long awaited  appointment  today with a plastic surgeon to consult on a non urgent procedure that does not involve facial implants, toxin injections, fillers, age reversing or the  tightening of anything. The waiting room is filled with clients and patients looking unapologetically around at one another trying to figure out who was there for what gravity defying maintenance. I wonder to myself what exactly the taut women think I'm having done. 

I felt some pressure leaving the appointment because it was close to the end of the day and although I had the fat cat camera with me I had done little to find the perfect Tuesday look. (Thank you to Jen who was a well turned out and a  great sport  but was eliminated upon the discovery of the electric baseboard heater that snuck into the image). We detoured to Queen St. as a sure fire route to find some inspired fashionista and it was there that we screeched our brakes when I saw  the beautiful Sora. She was enjoying an elegant cigarette break in the sunshine taking in the afternoon from under the cover of eyelash drowning fringe.  She works at the super hip furniture and home accessories and lighting store Quasi Modo on Queen St. and was so gracious and comfortable when I asked her if  I could snap her photo. Her great look is from right across the street at  the sweet boutique pho pa. Thank you Sora for stealing a moment in the late afternoon warmth and for making my first few frames with a stranger so lovely. 

3 comments:

COCAMIA said...

She is cute!
So you didn't know her?
That's brave!

lit girl said...

yeah you for approaching her ! She is adorable ! And Liza I love your writing .... "She was enjoying an elegant cigarette break in the sunshine taking in the afternoon from under the cover of eyelash drowning fringe. " love it ! you continue to inspire me and fuel my creative juices !!! I am also intriuged by your passion with photography !!! Gerry just got an SLR - cannon - don't know much else about it . The funny thing is - I have a sony point and shoot 12 mp and I just love it and have it with me at all time but know nothing about photography !!!

p.s since your Adele post I have been OBESSESSED with Make you feel my love !!! ..... is it bad that it makes me want to smoke a cigarette with a big glass of red wine!

Anonymous said...

Love this post Lisa.

With every word and every image popping out of your little black box of goodness and light, you are peeling back the layers and revealing a beauty that has barely seen the light of day.

Keep it up love, you are raising some eyebrows.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin