Saturday, January 10, 2009

What I'm going to do today.

Sidenote:Blogging might look easy. To most it probably is. But for me it's taking some patience. Take this morning, I wrote the content and promptly translated the text to hindi. Don't get me wrong the page looked exotic, my writing may have even been more interesting but it got me swearing nonetheless.

So it's a Saturday. My delight/my dilemna. How to spend these next hours away from the responsibilities of the workweek. Let's look at it in two categories: 1.What I should do (I can feel a New Year's resolution being broken for having said "should") and 2.What I want to do.

In the "Should"category I have the tree dismantleing overall Christmas removal (yes, it's late), piles of laundry, decluttering (understatement) my front entranceway where the boots and mitts and coats and backpacks and artwork all lie together in solidarity, work on HR strategic plan presentation (okay, it's work related but it is a big "should"because the draft was actually due yesterday).

Then there are the things I want to do today like: A puzzle with my kids, go for a maiden family skate on the bumpy but beautiful rink in our backyard, read the Style and Review sections of the Globe and Mail and start to tinker with the crossword, call Karyn from the Workroom to find out the details on tomorrow's "box cushion" class because I got in off the waiting list and try to make the fantastic, Ramona inspired accessory that I might never wear but will really enjoy conceiving and looking at "the feather hairband" like the one pictured. Happy Saturday everyone. I sure hope that while you're all knocking off some "shoulds" you get to a few "wants".

2 comments:

ramona said...

that is exactly the hair adornment that i have been dreaming of! good luck on your day's activities. i will think of you as i continue to tile the cottage kitchen - thinking i would feel much prettier with a feather in my hair...

Liza said...

Thanks for the idea. I will make one for you and maybe I will fashion you a sequined toolbelt to go with it!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin