Thursday, January 22, 2009

Bitch or not?

I got called a bitch yesterday. It was after I'd had a pretty good day. It was the end of the day and I was getting ready to pack it in and head home. The details about why don't matter so much and I read on a blog today that you shouldn't really blog about things to do with work because you could get fired. So let's just say that someone called me a bitch and it was work-related. The person didn't really call me a bitch to my face but rather a second after he/she was out of view. I had a witness and there was no questioning what was said or to whom he/she was referring. Now it's January and we're in a recession and it's friggin' cold outside and I don't know anyone that's having a great time right now. I know people who have lost someone close, people having dental surgery, people that are getting over strep throat, people that have just been laid off and people who are seeing the boots that they paid full price for in November, be reduced to ridiculously low prices. Yes, it's a tough time of year and most of us probably feel like calling someone something equally bad (or worse). But the problem with being called a bitch is that you stop and ask yourself if you actually are. The voice that speaks for the part of yourself that thinks you're a terrible person takes over and convinces you that this opinion, albeit rendered in a cowardly way, has some merit. To make matters worse, I feel bitchy right now. With no warm vacation on the horizon and several more weeks of winter ahead and having recently released the cleaning lady for financially responsible reasons. I do in fact, feel bitchy. The question is: What to do about it? The usual remedies don't seem to be working. I got my roots coloured, watched Larry King, puttered with a crossword from two Saturdays ago and still nothing. I'm betting on a good nights sleep and fingers crossed, no one will call me anything true tomorrow.

1 comment:

Funfusion said...

I'm loving your blog Lisa.
I'd rather be called a bitch than nice ... what does that say about me?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin