Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Coveting a Capelet

I'm not sure how or why you wear a capelet but I keep visiting this one (twice in the past month) at Urban Outfitters, trying to rationalize buying it. The store has them merchandised with chandeliers and champagne glasses. I love chandeliers and champagne glasses. The visual display people at this large hip American retailer must know how I should live my life.I must need a capelet to achieve certain happiness. In times of fiscal conservatism it seems extravagant to me to buy an accessory so spirited. Decadence may seem gauche at the moment with the increasing unemployment rate and reduced consumer confidence. While I don't see myself stimulating the economy with mesh, beaded sequin, shimmery purchases at the moment, I am starting to think that maybe what our recession wardrobe needs a few throw-on, tie-up sparkly toppers to distract us all from any grey days ahead.

4 comments:

me said...

Thanks for explaining what Urban Outfitters is. I've always been scared to go in there.

ramona said...

Buy the capelet Li...seems to me like you are channeling your inner Gossip Girl!

JustbeFRANK said...

nice blog post.

Did I say you were very good at this?

R

karyn said...

ooooh so very pretty. i would buy it for sure and then create an event around it!

also - someone is sick for this weekend's box cushion class, but i don't have your home number - are you still interested?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin