Saturday, February 14, 2009

Currently I'm out of style

I like fashion. I like seeing it, reading about it and participating in it to the extent that I can. Fashion as a priority ebbs and flows as a priority in relation to the pregnant, breast-feeding, losing the post-baby weight phases that have dominated the last 5 years of my life. With my youngest son turning 2 in a few weeks, I feel increasingly interested in trends and expressing myself through my clothes. Budget is less important now because of the multitude of responsible options for getting a style fix. Vintage, make your own (which requires a fat budget of time), and the cheap thrills of h and m and zara. That said, last weekend on my vacation in the city (thank you Douglas and Ginger) I ventured into  zara's end of season sale. I bought a pair of these low crotch pants that were densely populating the sale rack for a mere $9.95. I have tried them on every morning this week in the hopes of understanding how to wear them. Or what to wear with them. I have not fully given up on them but I need a success with them this week in order to conclude that i haven't made another "wow these are so cheap, they must be fabulous" purchase. The kicker is that I have searched style sites and blogs to canvas information on how to wear them. They show up on the sartorialist in October of 2007. So much for being current. I haven't worn them and they are already no longer fashion.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin