Tuesday, February 3, 2009

New pumps please.


I love this pump. I'm not sure that it's the perfect pump. It's not what I would usually wear. But I'm really liking the shape. I've been researching pumps lately because I need new black pumps. I am a working girl and I wear black pumps a lot. I typically wear high, pointy, simple, bought-hastily-out-of-desperation pumps. Not this time. I'm going to plan my pump purchase.Let's be real. My new shoes will not be Louboutin or Blahnik but I'm going to do my research and I'm going to make a solid decision. The problem is that by the time I've made the decision, I will be well into the fantasy of open toe shoes again (and not just with tights but with the full out pride of a pedicure). The pumps that I am limping (literally) along with right now are highly irritating because they are too big. They didn't have the smaller size.They were on sale. I was desperate. I bought them in haste and now I struggle to keep them on my feet as I walk about the catwalk that is my office. I should create a giant art installation of all of the "on crazy sale" bad purchases I've made. You are probably asking yourself why I keep them at all. I have trouble getting rid of things and I did vow that I would be better in 2009. So far, I'm not better. I will commit that if I buy the right pair of black pumps I will cast off the drag queen giant pumps that I'm getting by with now.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

I know your shoe pain! Personally I've given up any kind of heel because of the torture but is it possible to get an insole to take up some of the room of those pumps? Gives a wee bit of cushion plus makes them smaller. Of course it might also look hideous if they are nice dainty shoes where the insole will be seen, just a thought though. Cheers!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin