Thursday, March 5, 2009

What's Suzy Wearing?

Sorry about this cheesy photo but it helps to illustrate the point. I've been looking at suits. Good to have a suit on the roster. Makes me feel more competent at my job. The suit I have in my closet now is from Banana Republic and is camel and wool. I've done the rounds to all of the usual places and took with me this outrageously low budget. It was like some fantastic challenge from a game show. "Buy a suit which doesn't look cheap, (okay doesn't look really cheap) and spend next to nothing." Go! 
Steve and I spent our lunch trying on bad, cheap looking clothes. Fail. Then when I got home I had promised to take Wyatt to get a "thanks for not biting kids and peeing your bed for several days" present and we headed to Dufferin Mall. On the trip between Walmart and ToysRUs to price compare the $14 Batman toy before I commit (it's an obsession-avoiding getting ripped off) I see it. There in the window of Suzy Shier was a great looking jacket with nice details (small covered buttons and puffed sleeves). I begged Wy's patience and headed in to find out how terrible the co-ordinate was and know what? The pants were lovely and fit well. PLUS it's the buy one get one at 1/2 off sale at Suzy's and I bought a whole suit for $60. I admit that I got a little carried away when she recommended the "prestige card" for additional savings on my purchase. The woman on the card has a great haircut. Maybe I'll need this card someday? Or not. What is Suzy wearing? A cheap suit that doesn't feel all that cheap. If you happen to see me wearing the suit can you pretend that you think it's from Holts? I will be.


No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin