Thursday, March 26, 2009

Vacation Wisdom

The vacation is still in motion and in an effort to try to accomplish some of things that I had hoped, I'm going to keep this post short. Here's some things that I have taken away from my time off of work:

1. Most activities take longer than you think.
2. Being in the country is good for the soul.
3. Deer (all 12 of them) feed every afternoon at 5:00 pm in the field across from my mother's house.
4. If the sap doesn't run immediately after you've drilled the hole, don't write off the sap potential.
5. With 3 1/2 year olds, keep the expectations to a minimum and keep the camera with the adult.
6. Jigsaw puzzles with outbuildings, bridges and creeks come together faster than those with too much blue sky and trees.
7. The sound of coyotes is unsettling no matter how many times you hear it.
8. Deer poo is smaller than goose poo and just larger than rabbit poo.
9. It takes a lot of sap to make even the smallest amount of syrup (Ginger says 40:1.
10. Being away from facebook for a week was no great tragedy.

2 comments:

ramona said...

Here's what I learned while you were on vacation...
1. Work is a prettier (and more stylish) place when you are there.
2. Steve and I are much more timely and organized with our lunches without you.
3. I miss your kind welcome when I get off the elevator (now it is the stairs...it is almost earth month after all)
4. I prefer the workplace with you in it...come back soon!
xo,
Mo

me said...

ditto

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin