Sunday, March 29, 2009

Vintage Shoes, Easter Eggs and the Vacation's Over



It's pouring and will probably be for most of the day. It has that kind of feeling. The thickness of the cloud cover combined with my quick appraisal of the weather network confirm that today is an indoor activity day. My vacation comes to an end in a few short hours so here's the recap: I had a relaxing time where I did things I didn't know I would do and didn't do many of the things that I really wanted to do (like tackle that sewing room-sigh). The highlights were definitely in the last three days. I walked to a doctor's appointment and took my time along College Street and tried on a trench coat. I've been thinking a lot about trenches recently and the one I tried on at Girl Friday was lovely but expensive ($260.00). My own vintage trench feels perfect and like it needs replacing simultaneously. I continued on my walk to Ewanika. I hadn't been there in some time and was as impressed as ever with Trisha's commitment to excellence and her devotion to being in the store creating magic. I carried on and finally checked out Good Egg Industries. It was great. Lovely store, beautiful merchandising and friendly shop keep. All of the best elements of retail. Lunch was a curry bowl at Herbivore while reading Twilight (which I finally finished and got fully engrossed by the end-am now going to buy New Moon today). I bought some great vintage 80's pumps.


Friday I ate lunch at Swan. I had Prosecco and the yummiest huevos rancheros I've ever eaten. We made nests out of wood wool that provided good lunch time entertainment and practice for Saturday night's activities. Birthday festivities were held at Ramona's and we ate Sushi and decorated Easter Eggs, Ukranian style. Wax and dipping and dremelling. I wore my new yellow vintage shoes and we sat in darkness during Earth hour, crafting by candlelight.
Thank you to my mom and Robin for hosting me and my clan, thanks to my friends for the thoughtful gifts and well wishes, an amazing lemon meringue, and many laughs and thanks to Rich for helping to make the vacation as pleasant as possible and for the fantastic flip. I had a nice week and a lovely celebration.
Thank you Stephen for enduring a wax burn in the name of crafting. There is a video of him receiving medical attention, once I get my youtube account working, I will post the link.
Also, take a minute and read about the lovely Shelley and her brilliant buttons here.
It's back to work tomorrow. It's my actual birthday. It might still feel a little like vacation.

2 comments:

ramona said...

Happy Birthday Li Li!

me said...

la la la la li

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin