Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tuesday Look: Lori-Anne of La Krause Headwear

I've been having a new romance with vintage. We never officially broke up so it's been very easy to get back together. My pregnant self felt costume-y in vintage so I skipped breaking out the retro pieces in the summer/winter clothing exchange around the time of my babies.  I'm now feeling again like I can't get enough and I equally enjoy vintage as a spectator sport. Lori-Anne was moving pretty quickly when she caught my eye in her recycled splendor and my heels were too high to run as fast as I would have liked (note to self: more sensible shoes on Tuesdays). She kept me clipping for a couple of blocks until a wheezing, breathless me stopped and asked her if I could take her picture. Yard sale glasses that I would have stolen off her face, camel (don't you just love camel?) double pleated, high waisted 40's skirt and black beaded sweater set that completed her look perfectly. Her lipstick was freshly applied and the perfect shade of red. She was charming and lovely and I was thrilled when I walked away reading her card to discover that she was a "headwear designer". Once I checked out her website I was ecstatic.  Her attitude, look and craft all timeless. Just take a peek at her feather collection. Glorious. 

1 comment:

ramona said...

birds of a feather flock together!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin