Friday, June 12, 2009

Thursday Ritual and The 3 Headed Tramp


I went out with my girlfriend's tonight. It is the grave reality of increased responsibility that you go out less. At least I go out less. So when I do I want to go somewhere to look at people and things and eat great food and drink Cava or Prosecco. For a long time Thursday nights were a guarded ritual and after work my girlfriends and I (coined the 3 headed Tramp by Ramona's husband Dave) would meet, have a manicure and head to Bar Italia to spend an evening reflecting on the week and admiring our new manicures. My mother used to tell me to enjoy it. That those moments were fleeting and that Thursday evenings would give way to other priorities like babies and such. I believed her. We did it up in those days and nights and appreciated every moment. 9 kids and many significant life events later we still get our nails done but now it's in the moments stolen from some other responsibility. Here's to Thursdays past and present. Do it all, take it in, you've got one chance. Live it up and get your nails done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your t-shirt Laura!

me said...

I thought I recognized you girls. You used to follow me to the washroom all the time. Tramp!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin