Thursday, October 15, 2009

X-Nail Biter Gets Her Reward



This is Georgia. She is five. She bites her nails. That is she bit her nails. Since she was a baby she has been gnawing on her nails and given the fact that I have rarely had to trim her toenails, I suspect she is not discerning when it comes to the nails she wishes to bite. As a parent I add this to my list of worries. Is she nervous or anxious? Is she worried about something? Is it an indicator of an underlying problem? Or does she just like to bite her nails?

When I have my nails freshly done the kids are always fascinated with the choice of colour and want to talk about the how and the why of the manicure. I have been holding out the manicure experience as a reward for stopping the chewing. It worked. Georgia is a good six months into non biting and last weekend we took the journey to a little nail bar and got the works. I love these photos and she loved the results. She even got little flowers carefully painted on each of her tiny fingers. If only all issues were this easy to solve and as nice to look at as freshly painted nails.

5 comments:

me said...

Ruby: You late.

Elaine: I know I know. I didn't have change for the bus and they don't give change in this city. So they threw me off the bus

Ruby: "That's a shame". You'll have to wait for Lotus now.

Elaine: How long do you think this will take. I have a millllioooon things to do.

Ruby: "Mustn't keep the princess waiting. Princess in a big hurry." "No change for bus" "Poor princess."

Elaine: What?, uh?

Ruby: Nothing, won't be long

ramona said...

Ah George!! Congratulations and welcome to the mani club...sorry about our dear friend Steve...you will spend your life trying to figure out what he is trying to say...he speaks in riddles! xo Mo

JustbeFRANK said...

I love this post. Time shifting. Almost everything about the photos makes it appear as though my daughter was raised in the fifties. That makes me around 110. Despite some stiffness in the morning, an aching back, and the occasional bout with Acid Reflux, I feel pretty good for 110.

Steve, despite what Ramona says, I think you are funny.

Anonymous said...

the pics are amazingxoxoG

me said...

My comment is from a Seinfeld epoisode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inANd0iiY-s

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin