Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tuesday Look: Tuesday Looking

This is a picture of me taken after a long day at the office. Make up worn off completely and the overall disheveled exterior of someone who needs to get more sleep, take more vitamins, exercise more, eat better and get really disciplined about work/life balance. This is the Tuesday Look of me looking for the Tuesday Look. And while maybe this is cheating, this picture perfectly captures how I'm feeling in general right now.

The now that is happening in the first few weeks after my assistant (who is not really assistant but actually my boss) has begun her maternity leave. At a time when we are recruitment blitzing for multiple kiosks of Aveda. A time when my daughter is switching from regular SK to french immersion SK. A time when I'm trying to ready myself to be away from the office to take care of some wellness business. A time when half of my summer clothes and half of my winter clothes are mingling confused together on my dresser, on the floor of my non-closet and in the spilling over laundry basket. At a time when my house is being taken hostage by notes from school and bills and appointment cards and unread Saturday Globe and Mails that I mean to read but only ever make it to the back page of the Review section for some wordplay. When my taxes need doing and my teeth are overdue for cleaning. When I can't remember what is waiting at the dry cleaners for one hundred dollars. At a time when falling asleep and waking up are punctuated by mini panic attacks about something pretty important that I have or will forget to do. At a time when walking to the car is the most fresh air that I'm getting. When giving feedback to employees means being honest and careful and feeling crappy after because their lives are just as riddled with worries and cares. When the deadlines are bearing down and the season is winding up. And yet when I think about the changing colours and the all spice smell and the costumes and the poppies and the advent calendars and the holidays, I am joyful and grateful and more than a little excited about the beautiful brand of fatigue brought about by a rich life.

3 comments:

COCAMIA said...

You look better than most who have slaved all day to look great!!!xo

lit girl said...

love this post .... so beautifully written .... and the end is perfect ! You have made me feel normal !

thunder beach blonde said...

love this post too!
positive energy is infectious near and far.
love it, love you.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin