Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tuesday Look: Valentino Inspiration

After another short week of vacation and a glorious weather system, the universe is buckling down in back to school, back to basics, back to business mode. Sigh.

All we can really do is forge ahead and the best way that I can think of to do that at this time of year is to create a mental story board of what the Fall/Winter 09 fashion season is going to look like in the humble confines of my non closet with my even humbler of budgets.

As a pick me up, Ramona and I ventured out at lunch for one of our favourite excursions: VV Boutique (aka Value Village). I scored three beautiful blouses from the 70s and 80s with and without shoulder pads. I'm feeling blouses and high waisted trousers this season. The stunning Valentino number to the left retails for a cool 3G's via Bergdorf's. I've been rooting around tonight through my vintage patterns and have found a perfect pants pattern that should formidably do the trick. Tomorrow's lunch excursion is going to be the fabric store and tomorrow night's activity is sure to be me looking at the working materials for greatness and wishing I had the energy to do something Valentino-esque with them. I'll keep you posted. What are you wearing this season?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess that means I eat Lunch alone again

Lesley said...

Love the blog Lisa!
Remember those days at school after watching "Fame" and the million pairs of leg warmers that we had to have!!! hee hee!
Check out these purses that I'm thinking of selling in my little shop next spring. I'm curious to have your input.
I'm sort of new to the purse infatuation that a friend has got me hooked on. http://concubine.ca/en/
or try
www.concubine.ca

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin