Monday, September 28, 2009

Ruffle neck dress



With the high waisted pants project at a disappointing standstill I'm sussing out the reality of producing a dress like this Aunt Judy frock from the sensational Heidi Merrick. I've blogged about her before mostly because I want to be her. I love the details and how timeless it looks. I feel like my kindergarten teacher and my present self all belong in this dress. I have the fabric, I now need to merge some of my vintage patterns together to attempt this project. I have got to be due for a sewing success story. I'm teetering on the edge of a grudge against the sewing machine.



7 comments:

SWJ + LRB said...

You can do it! This is going to be amazing.

COCAMIA said...

Such a Beautiful Dress...I know you will do it and it will look fab!!!

Anonymous said...

do you look like the model?,one must be let's say edgy to pull this one off

Anonymous said...

Who's your anonymous friend? Sounds like she hates you. What did you do to her?

me said...

Last comment by me

Laura said...

Sounds like your anonymous friend is a huge a-hole! i love the dress and i think you will look lovely in it!

Alana said...

Lisa, I LOVE this dress. Two details I love to see in a great article of clothing...ruffles and polka dots. I have always wanted to make the outfits that I would drool over in the mags...but after a few unsuccesful attempts on my sewing machine...my grudge turned into giving it away...definitely regret that one.
Good luck!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin