Thursday, April 16, 2009

The great leg debate



The women in my office are fashion savvy. They know whether your new shirt came from H and M or Zara or Club Monaco or Joe Fresh. They read fashion publications and fashion blogs and they are brave enough to try new things and  to showcase the part of their body that they like the most. They are an inspired group and I love the drive to stay current that is demonstrated on every floor of the the three story building that I call home for 8 hours everyday. So the debate has been heating up for the last couple of weeks: Is it too early for bare legs? I took some photos of the real legs, toes, leg covering and slinky bareness that was populating the office yesterday and the results are above. One of the fashionistas told me that there are no rules anymore and bare legs and open toes are legal anytime. Some chic conservatives told me that they just aren't ready to show their gams no matter how close it gets to 15 degrees. I was hiding behind the "my legs are too white for displaying" argument until Cheryl (whose beautiful legs are pretty alabaster-black strappy shoes, black skirt) blew that theory out of the water. What do you think? When is it time to show your stuff? 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

holy shit!!! there are rules? Lisa would you forward me a copy of them immediately, if not sooner? Boy do I feel like an ass.

Cheryl C said...

My alabaster legs and I are doing our part for the environment. Water Saving Tip for Earth Month: Bare Legs = Fewer Laundry Loads.

me said...

No one came and took pictures of my legs!

ramona said...

if i had cheryl's legs i too would flaunt them year round...
steve - no one wants to see your hairy chicken legs!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin