Saturday, November 7, 2009

Saturday Craft Itch: Advent Calendar

Happy weekend all. I've got an itching to craft (not sew as I'm still mad at Simplicity pattern 5922 and the Kenmore-co-conspirators).

I'm ready to make another advent calendar and with December fast approaching, I'd better get on it. I've made two in the last two years and loved every minute of it. The collection of the precious items which represent each member of the family that is being gifted by the calendar, the decisions about paint, nails, fabric and ribbon. I love it all. I know who the family is that is being gifted this year. Now begins the fun. My birth mother gave me a homemade advent calendar the year that we met and it is one of my most precious possessions. Here are the inspirations I'm looking at. Care to join me in the countdown to the Advent countdown?






9 comments:

SWJ + LRB said...

I kid you not, I spent about 4 hours today looking at different advent calendar ideas and was just about to post about it!
I really love the spool of thread one with the "clues" and the sweet little hanging gauze bags...
Can't wait to see what you choose!

me said...

I like the ones with the Chocolate in them!

Anonymous said...

why do I feel like you are cheating on me? can I play?

Jane said...

Liza - I, too, love the spool one! What a great idea!

karyn said...

i've always wanted to make one. but always forget until it's too late. thanks for the early reminder! can't wait to see yours.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin