Friday, November 27, 2009

Kissing on the Lips

I'm not an incredibly affectionate person. I like to think of myself as warm but I don't love to hug people that are simply acquaintances. This wouldn't normally be an issue but I work in an industry where hugging and especially kissing are like saying "hey" or shaking hands. Cut to yesterday when on the way to work a woman called into a radio show I was half listening to and complained that her husband's boss always kissed her on the lips upon seeing her at the annual Holiday soiree. Whatever was she to do? Should she tell her husband? Really? This is her dilemma? Get this woman a crisis. Stat.

In my work and social circles we tend to kiss on both cheeks when we see each other after any absence greater than a bathroom break. A lot of people do. I made the mistake of confessing to Stephen that I sometimes kiss people on the lips. Cuts down on the wondering which cheek we're hitting first and it makes me feel kind of warm inside. It's not a deliberate come on and because it's a split second decision, I don't want to give it too much analysis because my motives feel pure. So I'm keeping it. I'm not apologizing for it. I like a good lip kiss. Save the hugs for the huggers (Yoga Don are you listening?) Happy Friday.

2 comments:

SWJ + LRB said...

I love it! Good for you!
When we came back from visiting family in France this fall I felt like I was covered in kisses and it was so nice. One on each cheek with new acquaintances and old friends alike; it makes for a quick bond and connection and just seems to natural and human.

Kisses**

COCAMIA said...

I think I kiss a little too much but giving affection is very natural for me...I can't help myself!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin