Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Tuesday Look: Sorel Sukas

Happy 2010 y'all! I have some resolutions for the New Year and most of them are for my underachieving side. I'm going to moisturize more, wear nicer underwear and stop putting up with things that don't work (cleaning lady-you are on my list), which brings me to this Tuesday Look. On the way to my mother's house for Christmas I hatefully tossed my 7 year old Columbia boots in the car for the trekking in the woods we would surely do. They are in fairly mint condition since I don't have the need for heavy duties that often but I have never liked them at all. My toes are cold and I hate tying them up and there is something about the shape of my ankle that aches in their fit. My practical side never thought of replacing them until this year. I liberated myself from the discomfort and the resentment and I plunged in to the requisite research project and presto... I own the Sukas. I'm hoping that they are a powerful metaphor for my approach to 2010. What gesture to yourself is kicking off your year?

1 comment:

lit girl said...

Oh man ..... I so want a pair of these !!! Love them .

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin